Monday, February 18, 2013

January Glossy Box Review

 

IMG_2583


Right before the magnificent madness that is New York Fashion Week began, I received my January GlossyBox in the mail. Naturally I was super excited and couldn't wait to see what goodies were packed for me this week and with all the pre-fashion week prep going on, I didn't get a chance to share with you all my review until now.



IMG_2595


My favorite item I received this month was the Vincent Longo lipstain lipstick in red. It's a perfect everyday red lippie that has SPF 15, aloe vera, and vitamin E to help keep your lips from getting cracked and chaffed (especially important in this nasty cold weather). I started wearing this lipstick the same day I got it and have already added it to my lipstick rotation. Although this item is half lip stain half lipstick the color is still pretty pigmented and as such I wouldn't recommend wearing it to work. Instead throw it in your bag in the morning and put it on after work to help take your look from day to night.


IMG_2599


 Since trying out new makeup is my favorite part of receiving subscription makeup boxes, the second item I was most excited to try out was the Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Lash Multiplying Volume Mascara. Although the name of this particular mascara is super long and fancy sounding, the mascara itsself seemed to be pretty regular. The applicator wand was standard and easily captured the product from within the tube (almost too well as I had to be really careful not to smudge mascara all over my eye while I was testing it out).


IMG_2606


In addition to the mascara and lipstain/lipstick I also received the Umbraian Clay Mattifying Serum from Fresh. I can't wait to try this product out however I will wait since right now the weather is really cold and my skin is too dry to have any "mattifying issues". Similarily, I also plan to wait on trying out the Replenishing Daily Solution from Le Metier de Beaute, and the style extending hair primer from living proof until the weather warms up and I once again have the energy have the chance to start experimenting more with my hair styling and skin care routine. In the winter I tend to be less adventerous and more concerned with keeping in moisture in my skin and hair. Last but not least I received the Narciso Rodriguez for her eau de toilette. I honestly forgot about trying this perfume out until I was hanging out with a few blogger friends at an event during fashion week and someone gushed about how much they love the scent. So me being me, I had to try it out for myself as soon as I got home that night!



Comment below and let me know what you think about the items I received, are you subscribed to a monthly subscription box?!


xoxo,


Like what you read? Follow Fancy Francy on RSS and Bloglovin so you don’t miss a post!!

Want more Fancy Francy? Be sure to follow on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest!


***Note: I received this item for review however all thoughts and opinions are my own

2 comments:

  1. I love that shade of lipstick. I keep meaning to subscribe but haven't yet... this is making me want to right now.

    xo Ashley
    http://www.ashnfashn.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need that lipstick. My lips have been SO cracked and dry. I can't figure out how to fix them!

    Amy

    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete