Monday, November 5, 2012

What's Trending Now: Black Pleated Leather Skirts



 
What's Trending Now: Black Leather Pleated Skirts

 

A black pleated skirt is like a school girl gone bad. No one expected it, no one knows exactly when it happened, and although we might not admit it... we all secretly want to do it too.

With that being said its no surprise that amidst the leather (and vegan leather) trend this season, the pleated leather skirt in particular has been making quite the number of cameos (everyone from Urban to Bergdorf is carrying a version of the look in their stores!) Brands such as Marc by Marc Jacobs, Forever 21, and Free People have all taken a stab at creating their own version of this piece, making it a trend that's accessible to all wallet sizes :)

Want to try this trend? Shop the look below and be sure to check out tomorrows post where I show how to rock the look! Comment below and let me know if you have this trend or plan to get one !






ShopStyle



 

26 comments:

  1. I love these! I've been wanting to incorporate more leather into my closet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those. I need a leather skirt so bad!!

    xo Ashley
    http://www.ashnfashn.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm wearing one in my latest post. I love the silhouette it provides!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got a faux leather one last winter and I love it. Glad it's finally the season to wear it again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it, and I want a skirt really bad. I was thinking about trying to get one from LeatherCult because they are custom but i'm not sure since i'm trying to lost weight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this i cant wait to tryi t

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is a great trend. I would definitely rock one with smaller pleats, some tights and booties! You can dress it up or down!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Ashley, glad you like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Stephanie, headed over to check out your post now :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's such a great piece, I've been wearing mine a lot since I got it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never heard of leathercult, I'm going to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. adorable, thanks for sharing Karen :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this trend, and am trying to figure out if it's possible to rock at the day job. I got a really cute (and similar) skirt from ASOS, but it's colorblocked black and white. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Alice and Olivia skirt is my fave!!! I'm actually wearing the F21 version today.

    ReplyDelete
  15. love these! i just bought a F21 dress with a leather trimmed skirt. saving it for my birthday night!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Angela, that dress sounds really cute, can't wait to see how you style it on your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love finding affordable versions of trends I love, would love to see how you styled the skirt on your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks Carla, I've been trying to figure out a way myself since I got my skirt, let me know if you do think of a way to make it work appropriate!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your site makes me desperately want to go shopping! I NEED leather! :) Your style is impeccable!

    ReplyDelete
  20. [...] you know from the post I did yesterday (and if you follow me on Snapette and see the ridiculous amount of leather goodies I’ve [...]

    ReplyDelete
  21. [...] you know from the post I did yesterday (and if you follow me on Snapette and see the ridiculous amount of leather goodies I’ve [...]

    ReplyDelete
  22. [...] black leather is expertly cut and seamed into a flattering skirt that flares away from the [...]

    ReplyDelete