Wednesday, April 11, 2012

What's Trending Now?: Cropped Tops

"The midriff" is the new, "back", which was the new "crack" which was the old "cleavage." Still following?...In other word's, showing the midriff is the new trend in skin exposure. All over the runways and trend forecast for spring 2012, were designers, showing off the power of a good Denise Austin fitness video.

The key to this look is to pair it with a higher waisted bottom, such as a high waisted skirt or high rise shorts. By having a bottom that goes up over your belly button, you reveal only a hint of teasing skin (click here to see how that's done).

Below are a few of my cropped top picks to help inspire you and get the ball rolling (The "peace" one and aztec print are my favorite).
Cropped Top Tanks

Denim top
$32 - topshop.com

Mara Hoffman tribal top
$207 - shoplesnouvelles.com

Bra top
$24 - topshop.com

Crop top
$48 - topshop.com

Motel sweetheart neckline top
£22 - houseoffraser.co.uk

Topshop denim top
$48 - topshop.com

Floral top
$60 - topshop.com

Miss Selfridge animal print top
$28 - missselfridge.com

Crop top
$45 - topshop.com




xoxo,

***About What's Trending: 
"That's Trending" is a term that I use that came from an inside joke between my friends and I. As it has evolved over time, my friend's have started to come to me to ask "What's trending?" On Fancy-Francy "What's Trending Now?" is an area where I highlight what's currently on trend or a current "obsession" of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment